It has been a tough 6 months for us at Marine Electrics NZ and we understand that the situation has been similar across New Zealand. Who would have expected the events that have unfolded in 2020?
As we look forward, we are proud of how we are weathering the current storm and if you pop down to visit our office, you may even see a few new faces who have joined our team.
We are now a team of 10 experienced, likeminded, and motivated marine specialists ready to deliver the best service and workmanship to you our client.
Summer is almost here
Spring is one month away and summer is around the corner.
Wow, how did that happen so fast? We are all so very excited to see as many boats on the water as possible this summer with the newest technologies and electrical systems onboard.
Our team and how you benefit from our experience
Our team has been working on some impressive boats, installing, and/or providing quality, fit for purpose solutions. The feedback from our clients has been humbling. Not to toot our own horn, but they are all raving fans of the work we have done.
Behind the scene, our team (a mix of qualified marine-specific AC and DC technicians and apprentices) continue to focus on team development, ensuring we are at the top of our game. This includes regular internally and externally lead training on relevant products and best practice for the marine electrical field. This continual improvement focus translates directly to better quality service, a minimized cost solution (we know what the best product or approach to use) is and an up to date solution for your boat.
In the yard and on the water - what are some of the services that have kept us busy?
- Survey rewiring preparing boats to go into a charter for America’s Cup next summer
- EWOF remedials in line with NZ standards and safety, local and imported boats
- Victron charging and monitoring systems – simplifying charging systems to ensure reliable, easy to maintain and [really] effective charging of all battery banks
- Lithium batteries upgrades – Much more cost-effective in the long term, a fraction of the weight and space required. Much better voltage consistency through the depth of discharge
- Electronics package upgrades, Garmin, B & G, Simrad and Raymarine upgrades with custom carbon dash work and the right transducer for your requirements.
A spotlight on Chris our Marine Electrics Service Manager.
We want to take this opportunity to acknowledge Chris. He has a can-do attitude and knows his stuff. He is an essential cog in our wheel of client service and delivery as he manages the day to day work, ensuring quality service and workmanship for all our clients.
Who doesn’t want a good Special?
We often only do one special, but why not - here are 4 not-to-miss special options for you.
Don’t tell Josh - but we thought you deserved this after the first six months of this year.
- Generator trade-in, $1000 minimum trade-in cashback when purchasing a new Paguro 5kw or 12kw Genset installed. Come talk to us.
- $150 off any complete Rainman Watermaker system & free freight within NZ
- ‘Siren’ boat monitoring system - winter package special offered for $2199.95 incl. GST. Normally $2750 incl. Monitoring Shore power connectivity, battery voltage, GPS location, and 1 bilge pump.
- Free battery check/testing with all EWOF certifications/bilge pump replacements.
If you would like to chat with us about your boat (we love hearing stories) please share your news on our Facebook Page.
If you want to discuss our current specials - yes one of the 4 promotions, our talented team is one phone call away.
Take care and keep safe.
Josh, Jackie and the team at Marine Electrics